1 (2-3lbs.) corned beef brisket
1/2c light brown sugar
1 (12oz.) bottle Guinness beer
1. Preheat oven to 300*
2. Dry the brisket and place on a rack in a medium-size roasting pan.
3. Pat brown sugar onto bottom, top, and sides of the brisket.
4. Slowly pour beer over the top. (If you go too fast, all the sugar will fall off)
5. Cover and bake until an internal temperature of about 160* is reached.
(My brisket was 2 1/2lbs. and it took between 1 and 1 1/2hrs.)
6. Allow to rest about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Served with colcannon and carrots.