1 1/3c all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1/2c butter, softened
3/4c white granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1/4c coconut flavored rum (I like Malibu)
1c mashed bananas (3-4 med. size)
1/2c pecans, chopped
1/2c coconut, flaked
1. Preheat oven to 350* and grease an 8”x4”x2” loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, use mixer to cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add egg, vanilla extract, and rum to butter mixture and beat on medium-high speed until well blended.
5. Stir in mashed bananas..
6. Add flour mixture and stir just until blended.
7. Fold in the coconut and pecans.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake approximately 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.